The Retreat Geotube and Dune Restoration Project Completed!
Construction was recently completed on the 1,750 linear foot two-layer Geo-tube dune core, 20,000+ cubic yard dune restoration, 44,500 native dune plantings, and sand fencing project. The goal of this project is to protect the 20+ foot high vertical bluff from erosion during high frequency storms and to minimize structural damage to the upland multi-million dollar homes. This was the first project in Northwest Florida to receive a DEP Beaches and Coastal Systems permit under Chapter 62B-56 "Sand Filled Geotextile Dune Cores". MRD Associates was responsible for all phases of the project which included the following: Specialized Services
- Feasibility Study - Historic volume and position changes, storm surge and erosion modeling, risk and vulnerability analysis, performance evaluation, and benefit to cost analysis.
- Preliminary and Final Design Services - Overtopping, run-up, settlement and stability analysis, Construction Drawings and Technical Specifications.
- Permit Applications and Processing
- Bidding, Construction Phase and Close-out Services
- Annual Monitoring Services